A house fire broke out in Columbus, Georgia on Thursday, while six adults and two kids were inside watching TV. Luckily, all of them made it out safely, including a guy named Walter Serpit. But shortly after he made it out, Walter decided to be a hero, and rushed BACK into the burning building. But it wasn't to rescue a pet or grab some family photos. He went back for something WAY more important. Moments later, Walter emerged from the smoke . . . carrying several cans of BUD LIGHT that he rescued from the refrigerator. And by the way, Walter is DISABLED and walks with a CANE. Luckily, both Walter and the beer were fine. (Walter's age hasn't been reported, but he looks like he's in his early 40s.) He ended up explaining to the local news that he took charge, and asked the other adults to make sure the kids were okay. Then he ran back in because, quote, "Being an alcoholic, I was trying to get my beer out." In the end, no one was hurt. And the fire is being blamed on a faulty water heater.
(ABC13 / NY Daily News / WTVM)