We celebrate everyone’s birthday around here but WHY? Does anyone even want to do it? Can’t we just spend that money elsewhere?
The birthday Grinch White Cheddar sent out a company wide email, got everyone’s opinion, and a birthday ruling has been made!
Plus, check out the questionnaire below!
- Should the office celebrate birthdays:
A. For each and every person
B. 1x per month
C. 1x per quarter (4x per year)
D. 1x per year
E. Not at all
- If answered not at all, how would you like to see the X amount of savings spent?
- Should there be cake served at the celebration?
- Would you prefer a company contribution to a charity of the celebrant’s choice in lieu of gift card?
- Would you prefer a cash gift based on years of service to the company?
- Should there be a tier system – one for support staff and the other for “important” people or should everyone be treated equally?
- Would you like to receive a physical card signed by everyone, an electronic card, or no card?
- Would you like to have your work area or desk decorated for your birthday?
- Would you prefer to receive a “personal holiday” on your birthday (or Friday/Monday if it falls on a weekend)?
- Would you prefer a lunch with the Bossman to discuss company matters?
- Would you prefer a phone call from the Bossman personally singing Happy Birthday to you?
- Would you prefer to have a birthday buddy? You’re assigned a birthday buddy at the beginning of year and your buddy is responsible for organizing the office celebration for you.
- Reverse it – you bring treats for everyone in the office to celebrate your birthday?
- Would you prefer a breakfast potluck once a month to celebrate birthdays?
- Anything else you would like to have considered for the office celebrations?