Thursday, October 31st – 5:00 to 9:00pm
One of Lubbock’s largest annual Halloween events, the Spooky Science Carnival at the Science Spectrum, is back again for another exciting year of “spooky, not scary”, safe family fun! The Science Spectrum has long built a tradition of providing great family oriented informal science education and looks forward each year to the fun that Halloween can bring in continuing to explore science with the public. Locally, there is also a great need for safe alternatives to traditional trick-or-treating and “scarier” haunted houses geared for older ages. The Spooky Science Carnival has become the perfect fit for both needs!
This event is great for families and kids up to age 13 looking for a safe Halloween alternative and a fun, educational party all rolled into one. This year’s Spooky Science Carnival will include:
* Free trick-or-treating in the Lobby
* Carnival Style Games with guaranteed prizes
* Inflatable Bounce House, Obstacle Course, and a Giant Slide
* Creepy Critters live animal display
* Spooky Scientist Show
* Family and Kids Costume Contests
* Hands-on Spooky Science Experiments
* Spooky Science Crafts
* The Haunted Lab! (a “spooky”, not scary experience geared for ages 13 and under)
* Spooky Robotics displays by Monterey High School Engineering Students
* Visitors can tour the entire Science Spectrum Museum.
Schedule for Spooky Science Carnival:
* 5:00 pm – Carnival, Games and Museum open to the public.
* 5:30 pm – Spooky Scientist Show
* 6:15 pm – Spooky Scientist Show (repeat)
* 7:00 pm – Family & Kids Costume Contests
* 7:45 pm – Spooky Scientist Show (repeat)
* 8:30 pm – Spooky Scientist Show (repeat)
* 9:00 pm – Carnival ends
Admission to the Spooky Science Carnival is included with a regular museum ticket of $8.00 for adults and $6.50 for kids (ages 3 to 12) and seniors (ages 60+).
The Spooky Science Carnival is recommended for families with children up to age 13.
No scary costumes please!