The South Plains Food Bank’s 36th Annual U Can Share Holiday Food Drive is a community-wide effort to feed those in need across the South Plains.
- The South Plains Food Bank has a 20 county service area.
- Across the South Plains, the Food Bank reaches 1 in 8 people.
- 1 in 4 children in our community is considered food-insecure.
- In our rural communities, 1 in 3 children is considered food-insecure.
- Food-insecurity – the state of being without reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food.
- Annually, we serve 57,000 friends in need over 403,300 times.
- We are able to serve the hungry in our community through a partnership with over 170 charitable agencies.
- Every $1 donated to the food bank provides 4 meals.
- Website: www.spfb.org
U Can Share began as a service of Skip Watson & KCBD News Channel 11 in November of 1982
United Supermarkets, 4th and Milwaukee
Date of Drive: Monday, December 3rd, through Saturday, December 8th, 2018
• U Can Share Events:
o Check-Out Hunger: All United Supermarkets & Market Street locations
o On-Line Auction: www.spfb.org/ucanshare2018
o On-Line Donations: www.spfb.org/ucanshare2018
o Scouting for Food: Boy Scouts Door-to-Door Pick-Up, Saturday, December 8th
o Various Food & Fund Drives throughout the area
1 in 8 people are affected by hunger in our area. Hunger is closer than you think.
Goal: 250,000 meals (300,000 pounds of canned food and dry goods) and $150,000 cash (equivalent to 450,000 meals)
Mission: 1 in 7 people across the South Plains are food insecure. 1 in 4 are children. The food and funds collected during the drive help us serve the hungry well into the new year for families in need.
Serving: Over 180 agencies & churches help provide 18,000 meals a week and food to over 57,000 unduplicated people each year.
Supporting: The SPFB services 20 counties with a population of over 500,000 people. We currently serve 58,000 out of the 96,000 people who are food insecure.
Needed Items: Please NO glass, frozen food, home canned goods, or fresh meat
Macaroni and Cheese
Soup with meat
Canned food and dry goods of all types
You can make a difference too!!!